In this class, Lisa will teach you how to sew a Weekend Bag. It’s the perfect carry-on for your handmade outfits.
The Weekend Bag has a large zipped, fully-lined interior, handy outer pocket and strong handles, so you can throw it over your shoulder and be off!
Who is the class for?
The Weekend Bag is aimed at intermediate sewers who have made a few garments.
What is included?
- start to finish step-by-step video tutorials taught by Lisa
- printable pattern (in both tiled print-at-home and copyshop format)
- fully-illustrated printable instruction booklet
- imperial/metric conversion size chart
- copyshop permission letter
- supplies list
The Weekend Bag PDF sewing pattern is one size. See the chart for details on fabric requirements.
We recommend using a medium to heavy weight woven fabric such as cotton or canvas. You will also need a light to medium weight woven fabric such as quilting cotton for the lining, a 55cm closed end zip, 3.5m of 2.5cm wide webbing for the straps, and 4 x 2.5cm rectangle D-ring. You may also like to use a heavy weight interfacing or backing for the main bag panels and pocket (optional). You can get hold of all the hardware that you need for this project in our Weekend Bag Hardware kits!
So what is a PDF pattern?
A PDF pattern is a downloadable pattern that you print yourself at home. Simply download, print, tape together and let the sewing begin! When you print the pattern, print at 100% (you might have to uncheck the scale box). Print page 1 first, the square should measure 10cm x 10cm.
Never used a PDF pattern before and would like some help? Learn everything you need to know in our handy Guide to Assembling PDF Patterns over on our blog!
Please note this is a downloadable pattern which you have to print at home.
What you learn
- how to sew strapping
- how to sew webbing
- how to attach O-Rings
- how to sew a fab lined pocked
- how to attach a zip with tabs
- how to choose the right fabric for your project
Sewing the Weekend Bag
Skill LevelIntermediate Level
How it works
- Once you purchase, find your class in your class library
- Watch on any device anytime.
- Find downloadable class resources in the class viewer