You might have come across shirring elastic in some of your ready-to-wear clothes – if used to sew multiple lines in a panel it creates elasticated gathering that can be used to add style, fit or decoration to a garment. It’s often billed as something a bit scary, but if you take it slow and listen to what your sewing machine is telling you then you’ll be the master of shirring in no time.
What you learn
- what shirring elastic is
- how to put shirring elastic in a sewing machine
- how to gather a panel with shirring elastic
How to use shirring elastic
How it works
- Once you purchase, find your class in your class library
- Watch on any device anytime.
- Find downloadable class resources in the class viewer