Gathering is an essential part of sewing, and there’s barely a sewist that hasn’t had to gather some fabric at some time. In this video, Becca shows not one, but two ways of gathering fabric (did someone say dental floss?). She then talks you through sewing both techniques on the sewing machine. See which one you prefer and give it a go!
What you learn
- What you might use gathering for
- How to sewing standard gathering stitches
- How to sew the dental floss method of gathering
- How to sew your gathered fabric to get the best result
How to gather fabric - multiple ways!
Skill LevelBeginner Level
How it works
- Once you purchase, find your class in your class library
- Watch on any device anytime.
- Find downloadable class resources in the class viewer