There can be ease built into garment seams to allow for movement or to add an element of design – this often means that you might have to sew a seam where one piece of fabric is slightly longer than it’s counterpart. In this case you’ll need to ease this excess into the seam. This can be done by gathering if it’s a large amount (e.g. on a sleevehead) or with pins if it’s something a little more manageable. Becca’s here to give you her best tips for manipulating that fabric!
What you learn
- How to manipulate fabric with pins
- How to evenly distribute ease
- How to sew ease without getting tucks
- Where ease might be a part of your garment
How to ease fabric in with pins
Skill LevelBeginner Level
How it works
- Once you purchase, find your class in your class library
- Watch on any device anytime.
- Find downloadable class resources in the class viewer