We’ve all got those small bits of fabric at home, right? Too small for any garment sewing, but also too pretty to put in the fabric recycling bin. Well we’ve found a way to turn your scraps into easy and cute decorations, depending on the fabric that you use these can come out for any occasion in the year!
All you’ll need for this super cute project is your scrap bag of fabric (anything over 2cm wide is usable) and a heavier weight fabric to back your decoration with – think felt or perhaps a wool – it’ll be seen so you’ll still want it to be pretty! We’ve made bauble shapes here, but once you create your scrap fabric panel, you can cut them into whatever shape you like. You can add a little ribbon to hang them on a tree, or string a whole bunch of them up to make a homemade garland. Download the templates and the choices are endless, so let’s get sewing!
What you learn
- how to make the most of your scraps
- the principles of the 'quilt as you go' technique
- how to make a quick and easy decoration on your sewing machine
How to sew a use your scraps Christmas decoration
Skill LevelBeginner Level
How it works
- Once you purchase, find your class in your class library
- Watch on any device anytime.
- Find downloadable class resources in the class viewer